Nearly 500 Thanksgiving meals served at St. Vincent De Paul in Massena
On behalf of St. Vincent De Paul, we would like to thank the following for helping to make our 2018 Community Thanksgiving Dinner a huge success again.
This year we were able to provide dinners to 492 people-sit down, delivery and take outs.• Thanks to Walmart, for their very generous donation to finance the dinner and also to those who made donations at the dinner
• The VFW and Commander Vern Drew for the use of their facilities to cook and serve-many thanks to Vern and the Ladies for their help and hours spent there
• Special thanks to the Kirkey Family for preparing the meal--answering the phone, helping in the kitchen-they put alot of their heart and time into this
• N. Racquette Greenery for the donation of potatoes
• The parishes of Sacred Heart and St. Marys for the donation of turkeys and desserts
• MCHS National Honor Society and the French National Honor Society and their advisors for their help in dinner preparations and dinning room set-up
• Jeff Slack, Pete LaFrance, and Dennis Sharpe for the delivery and return of many pots and pans
• To the great help on Wed. in preparing over 38 turkeys-no easy feat
• Jess Jarrett and the Jr. High School Home Economics classes for preparing turkeys and baking pies
• Special thanks to the countless number of people who served and delivered meals-who gave up their day and time to make sure that others would enjoy a warm meal and good company on an otherwise lonely day
• Thanks to the Fri. cleanup crew (family is great)
To prepare and serve 492 people is a task that could not be accomplished without everyone who took the time to volunteer and to be involved. We can't thank you enough for caring and sharing on behalf of others.
St. Vincent De Paul Society, Massena