Blood drives planned in April throughout St. Lawrence County
The following Red Cross Blood Drives are scheduled:
• Brasher Falls, April 18, noon-5 p.m., Knights of Columbus, 138 County Route 50;• Brier Hill, April 20, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Brier Hill Fire Company, 2704 State Highway 37;
• Canton, April 16, 1-6 p.m., Saint Lawrence University, 23 Romoda Dr.; April 23, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Unitarian Universalist Church, 3 1/2 E. Main St.;
• Colton, April 19, 2-6 p.m., Colton Volunteer Fire Department, Riverside Drive;
• Lisbon, April 26, 3-7 p.m., Lisbon Hepburn Library, 6899 County Route 10;
• Massena, April 22, noon-4 p.m., VFW Massena, 101 W. Hatfield St.;
• Norwood, April 30, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Seaway Technical Center BOCES, 7225 State Highway 56; and 2-7 p.m., Seaway Technical Center BOCES, 7225 State Highway 56;
• Ogdensburg, April 25, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Claxton Hepburn Medical Center, 214 King St.; April 30, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Saint Lawrence Psychiatric Center, 1 Chimney Point Dr.;
• Potsdam, April 16, 1-5 p.m., Potsdam Amvets Post 282, 6771 US Highway 11; April 26, 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Canton Potsdam Hospital, 50 Leroy St.; April 29 and 30, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., State University of New York Potsdam, 44 Pierrepont Ave.
Simply download the American Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit RedCrossBlood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to make an appointment or for more information.
All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients. A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in.
Individuals who are 17 years of age in most states (16 with parental consent where allowed by state law), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.