Potsdam police charge six drivers in 'U Drive, U Text, U Pay' campaign
POTSDAM -- Potsdam police issued tickets to six drivers Thursday as part of a state-funded the "U Drive, U Text, U Pay" campaign.
The drivers listed below were issued tickets in a four-hour vehicle and traffic enforcement detail conducted by the department, funded by the Police Traffic Services Grant through the Governor's Traffic Safety Committee.• Jerrid R. French, 29, Potsdam, no seatbelt- driver, aggravated unlicensed operation seocnd, 4:58 p.m, Market Street
• David R. Markley, 46, Englewood, Colo., use of mobile phone while operating motor vehicle, 5:22 p.m, Market Street
• Cody J. Tannahill, 19, Potsdam, use of portable electronic device while operating motor vehicle, 5:29 p.m, Maple Street
• Mallory S. Fisher; 24, Canton, uninspected motor vehicle, 6:31 p.m, Market Street
• Patrick J. Normandin, 21, Potsdam, use of mobile phone while operating motor vehicle, 6:48pm, Market Street
• Earl T. Scovil, 62, Potsdam, no seat belt, 7:03 p.m, Elm Street.
The Potsdam Police Department will have extra officers on patrol through April 15 in the campaign.