OFA Key Club wins 15 awards at New York District Key Club Leadership Training Conference
The Ogdensburg Free Academy Key Club won 15 awards at the New York Leadership Training Conference at the Desmond Hotel in Albany. Shown in front: Reagan Kelly, President Maria Pelusi, Secretary Nick LaCombe. 2nd row: Brandon Oshier, Vice President Noel Dutch, Nevaeh Lockwood. Back row: Kiwanis Advisor James Reagen, Cody Fifield, Alec Lacombe, Antone Skamperle, former President Annalese Dutch, and Faculty Advisor Christina Shaver Frank. (Photo by Donna Reagen).
OGDENSBURG -- The Ogdensburg Free Academy Key Club won 15 awards over the weekend of March 24-25 at the New York District Key Club Leadership Training Conference in Albany.The awards included:
• Distinguished Diamond Level Club Award, for the top youth service program in New York District Key Club
• First place Kiwanis Family Relations Award for the club’s work with the Ogdensburg Builder’s Club, Kiwanis Club, and K-Kids
• First place Single Service Award, Bronze Division, for the Read and Lead program at the Ogdensburg Boys and Girls Club
• Steven R. Scharoff Single Service Award, given for the best single service project in all of New York District Key Club’s 300+ clubs
• Outstanding Club Vice-President Noelle Dutch
• Distinguished Club President Maria Pelusi
• Second-place Oratorical Contest by Noelle Dutch
• Third-place Major Emphasis Award for the club’s talent show and youth programs
• Third-place Digital Poster Contest, produced by Tessa Richardson
• Third-place Club Video Contest, produced by Jordan Snyder
• Perfect Paperwork Award for Secretary Nicholas LaCombe
• Early Bird Dues for Treasurer Tessa Richardson
• Distinguished Key Club Members Cameryn Anderson, Noelle Dutch, and Maria Pelusi.
"I am very proud of the officers and members of the OFA Key Club who have worked very hard over the past year to make a difference in their community," said Ogdensburg Kiwanis Club Advisor James E. Reagen. "We are very grateful to the Ogdensburg Kiwanis Club for their help and support throughout the year."
"Almost every week, our Key Club members and members of the Ogdensburg Kiwanis Club read to children at the Ogdensburg Boys and Girls Club," said Faculty Advisor Christina Shaver Frank. "We were very pleased to have their efforts recognized by the New York District."
The OFA Key Club is sponsored by the Ogdensburg Kiwanis Club.
The Key Club will be helping at the Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast on April 7 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Salvation Army. Tickets are $7.