NYPA continues free family movies though July; Bridges of Madison County shows July 1
MASSENA – The New York Power Authority will continue its free “Friday Matinees” in July with showings of contemporary and classic movies at the admission-free Hawkins Point Visitors Center and Boat Launch.
The movies will be shown at 1:30 p.m. in the visitors center auditorium. Free popcorn will be provided.The July movie schedule is:
• July 1: “The Bridges of Madison County” (1995). Photographer Robert Kincaid wanders into the life of housewife Francesca Johnson, for four days in the 1960s.
• July 8: “True Grit” (2010). A tough U.S. Marshal helps a stubborn young woman track down her father's murderer.
• July 15: “It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World” (1963). The dying words of a thief spark a madcap cross-country rush to find some treasure.
• July 22: “Country Strong” (2010). While out on tour to revive her stalled career, a once-popular country singer falls for an emerging newcomer and tries desperately to hide their burgeoning romance from her husband and manager.
• July 29: “Just Go with It” (2011). On a weekend trip to Hawaii, a plastic surgeon convinces his loyal assistant to pose as his soon-to-be-divorced wife in order to cover up a careless lie he told to his much-younger girlfriend.