Memorial Day observance, parade planned May 25 in Waddington
WADDINGTON -- Town and Village of Waddington has coordinated with Champion-Hobkirk Post 420 of the American Legion for the Memorial Day observance on May 25.
As per Governor Andrew Cuomo’s guidance: Memorial Day parades must be limited to vehicles only. Ceremonies must be limited to 10 or less personnel.The schedule is as follows:
• 7:45 a.m., Legionnaires honor the dead at the Larry Christie Monument on Linden Ave.
• 8 a.m., ceremony at the Four Corners Monument begins. (Per executive order, only 10 people may congregate at the monument.) The public should remain in cars, safely pulled out of traffic with hazard lights on.
• Immediately following Monument Ceremony there will be a car parade that proceeds throughout the Waddington led by the Waddington Volunteer Fire Department and Waddington Rescue SquadTo participate in the parade, line up in your vehicle behind official vehicles and drive with caution and with hazard lights on. Residents are encouraged to watch and cheer the parade from front lawns and driveways as the parade passes by.
• The parade will end when the fire department returns to the station on Maple Street.
• The Town and Village encourage all residents to fly the flag of the United States of America and decorate homes and lawns in honor of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
• The ceremonies and parade will be streamed on Facebook Live at the Waddington Mayor Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/WaddingtonMayorMike/ .