Fitness classes in Canton start Monday
CANTON – St. Lawrence University’s Stafford Fitness Center will host its Fitness Fall Session I roster of classes starting Sept. 9.
Class registration ends Sept. 8. Classes need eight students registered to be held. Session I is six weeks and will last until the week of Oct. 14.Students, and SLU faculty and staff pay half price for class fees.
Those signing up are asked to register in fitness center before the first class.
The fee for a 30-minute class for the full six-week session is $30, with two classes per week. The 45-60 minute classes cost $60, at twice a week for the six weeks. Classes only offered once per week are half price.
Walk-in fees during the six-week session are $8 per hour class and $4 per 30-minute class.
All classes will take place in the multipurpose room of the fitness center unless noted otherwise.
The classes are:
• Spin with Lisa Francey Towle, Tuesdays 8:30-9 a.m. followed by PiYo 9-9:30 a.m.
• HIIT Thursdays with Lisa Francey Towle 8:30-9 a.m. then Ballet/Barre 9-9:30 a.m.
• HIIT Your Best Body with Len Mackey Tuesday and Thursday from 12-1 p.m.
• Core Yoga with Len Mackey Tuesday and Thursday 1–2 p.m.
• Sun Rise Yoga with Len Mackey on The Quad Mondays at 7 a.m. weather permitting; free to everyone; rain location will be the dance studio room 40; sponsored by the Wellness Committee.
• Sculpt and Burn with Dawn Taylor Monday and Wednesday 12:10-12:50 p.m.
• Friday Fitness Blast with Dawn Taylor 12:10-12:50 p.m.
• Sculpt and Burn with Dawn Taylor Tuesdays and Thursdays 5-6 p.m.
• Strength and Toning for Beginners with Robin Durocher Mondays 9:30-10:10 a.m. and Wednesdays 9:30-10:30 a.m.; fee $3.
• Chair Yoga with Ginger Sweeney Mondays 10:15-10:45 a.m.; fee $3.
• Super Fit Seniors with Dawn Taylor Fridays 9:30-10:30 a.m., $5 per class
• Yoga for Faculty/Staff with Ginger Sweeney, Dance Studio, Room 40 12:10-12:50 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays.
• SLU Cycle with Tyler Sherwin, SLU student, 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. Tuesdays and 3:30-4:15 p.m. Thursdays, costs $60 for six-week session; second class slot offered on Saturday at 9 a.m.
• Cycle Strength with Christine Tulikanga, SLU student, Mondays and Wednesdays 5-6 p.m., $60 for six-week session.
Cycling classes are limited to number of available bikes.