Pay to play
Thursday, April 3, 2014 - 7:09 am

I read that people in Norwood are exempt from the tax because they have their own recreation program. What about the people that live on the outer boundaries of the town and pay school taxes to another school, say Madrid-Waddington. Our child will most likely use those rec programs to be with the kids they go to school with. Why should we pay for something we won’t use? I do not think that is fair. Whatever happened to the old days when summer rec was done mostly by volunteers, they pay one or two people to supervise and the rest is volunteer. Where does and why do they need $380,000 for the program? If you want your child to use a summer program then pay to play.