OGDENSBURG – St. Lawrence County is the latest of more than 50 municipalities and organizations to pass a resolution supporting the Ogdensburg psychiatric center, following a unanimous vote Monday night.
The resolution came just after St. Lawrence County legislative chair Jonathan Putney wrote a letter of support to local media outlets.
The resolution says “the board of legislators strongly supports the efforts of the St. Lawrence Psychiatric Center Task Force to amend the OMH Regional Centers of Excellence Plan presented by Acting OMH Commissioner Woodlock to include the St. Lawrence Psychiatric Center as the “Northern Center of Excellence” and in doing so preserve three inpatient Adult wards and three inpatient Children/Youth Service.”
The resolution will be forwarded to New York State Senators and Assembly members, Gov. Andrew Cuomo and a variety of other state officials.
The resolution says St. Lawrence County residents will suffer both socially and economically if the state ends impatient care at the facility that employs more than 500 people.
Municpalities and organizations that have passed resolutions include:
• City of Ogdensburg • Town of Oswegatchie
• Town of Norfolk • Town of Russell
• Village of Massena • Jefferson County Board of Legislators
• Town of Clifton • Clinton County Board of Realtors
• Village of Heuvelton • St. Lawrence County IDA
• Town of Fine • Village of Malone
• Village of Potsdam • Town of Hermon
• Town of Massena • Town of Morristown
• Town of Brasher • Town of Lisbon
• Town of Edwards • Town of Gouverneur
• Town of Piercefield • Town of Colton
• SLC Board of Legislators • Village of Morristown
• Town of Madrid •Town of Pierrepont
• Samaritan Medical Center • St. Vincent De Paul
• Village of Antwerp • Village of West Carthage
• Village of Cape Vincent • Town of Macomb
• Village of Tupper Lake • Catholic Charities
• Village of Hammond • Village of Deferiet
• Town of Fowler • Town of Depeyster
• Village of Rouses Point • Village of Glen Park
• Village of Philadelphia • Village of Brownville
• Town of Dekalb • Village of Theresa
• Village of Champlain • Town of Parishville
• St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce • Town of Hopkinton
• St. Lawrence County Board of Realtors • Village of Dexter
• St. Lawrence River Valley Redevelopment • Village of Carthage
• NC Regional Economic Development Council