By LISA HOOVER
OGDENSBURG -- The Ogdensburg Seaway Fesitval is far from over, with the parade, toilet paper toss, car show and live music still to come.
This year’s show will feature a “the ‘Big Apple’ comes to the little city” theme.
The tricycle races is also still on tap for the festival.
Live music will include Jay and the Two Tones, Noiz After 9, and the Wild Nik West Country Concert. Bands are scheduled to play throughout the week, with a group medley Saturday night, according to Chris Cole.
The parade will run down Ford Street Saturday at 11 a.m.
“For the thousands of people that will be lined up and down Ford Street we have several bands booked,” said Mike Cole, parade organizer.
Several floats, with prizes for place-winners, and stilt walkers will also be featured. “How they are going to get through that parade on those things is beyond me,” said Mike Cole.
Several bands are booked for the parade, many from Canada or the Rochester area, mostly “drum and bugle types,” according to Mike Cole. A Trinidad-Tobago steel-drum band will be a highlight this year, Mike Cole said. “They are on a float and the play their heart out.”
“Last year we had the 10th Mountain Division, but unfortunately they had a conflict this year,” but they are going to send a color guard, according to Mike Cole.
Several arts and crafts shows will be spread throughout the week.
The “great toilet paper toss” is more geared toward those who “appreciate life more,” said Mike Cole. A king and queen are selected for the event and “we just send them up the parade route and let them have a good time,” Mike Cole said.
Kid’s can enjoy games, amusement rides, and a duck race.
Other events will include a classic car show, a “cruise-in,” and events at the Remington Art Museum.
For more information visit ogdensburgseawayfestival.org/2.html.
The rest of the schedule follows:
• Wednesday, July 24: Ontario Amusement Rides, Greenbelt Area, noon to 11 p.m.; Special wrist bracelet day, noon to 4 p.m.; Tricycle races, Greenbelt Area, 4 p.m. to finish; Seaway Cruisers “Cruise-In,” Greenbelt Area, 6 to 9 p.m.; Jay and the Two Tones concert, Library Park, 6:30 to 9 p.m.
• Thursday, July 25: Frederic Remington Museum Days, Remington Art Museum, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Ontario Amusement Rides, Greenbelt Area, noon to 11 p.m.; Wrist bracelet day at Ontario Amusements, Greenbelt Area, noon to 4 p.m.; Family Feud, O.F.A. auditorium, 7 p.m.; Great toilet paper toss, Library Park, 6 p.m.; Noiz After 9, Library Park, 6:30 to 9 p.m.
• Friday, July 26: Frederic Remington Museum Day, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Ontario Amusement Rides, Greenbelt Area, noon to 11 p.m.; Karaoke Finals, Ogdensburg Gazebo, 6:30 to 8 p.m.; Wild Nik West Country Concert, main stage, 8 to 9:45 p.m.; Firework spectacular, Greenbelt Area, 10 p.m.
• Saturday, July 27: 52nd annual Seaway Festival Parade, Ford Street, 11 a.m.; Parade awards, Library Park, following parade
• Sunday, July 28: Great toilet paper toss, Library Park, 2 p.m.; Fourth annual duck race, City Docks, $5, 1 p.m.; Antique and classic car show, flea market, O.B.P.A. bridge grounds, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.