Finally, a break from cold and snow in St. Lawrence County!
It will become sunny today in the North Country and temperatures will rise into the mid 30s to near 40 today before clouds roll in tomorrow and temperatures rise even higher, probably above 40, according to the National Weather Service forecast.
Outside of a few passing clouds, high pressure will remain over the St. Lawrence Valley through tonight along with mild temperatures and some moderately gusty winds. A cold front will swing through the North Country late Wednesday with little weather developments other than a few mainly mountain snow showers. Temperatures will cool slightly behind this front for Thursday before temperatures warm considerably by the coming weekend.
The National Weather Service forecast for the St. Lawrence Valley and northwestern Adirondacks:
• Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Southwest wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
• Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 24. South wind around 6 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
• Wednesday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 42. Breezy, with a south wind 8 to 13 mph becoming southwest 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph.
• Wednesday Night: Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Southwest wind 7 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
• Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 32. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
• Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
• Friday: A chance of freezing rain before 2pm, then rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
• Friday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 39. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
• Saturday: Cloudy, with a high near 46.
• Saturday Night: Cloudy, with a low around 41.
• Sunday: A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 51.
• Sunday Night: A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 27.
• Monday: Cloudy, with a high near 32.