LAWRENCEVILLE – Four people are homeless following a fire that destroyed a single story home this afternoon, according to St. Lawrence County fire investigators.
The Lawrenceville Volunteer Fire Department responded at 12:46 p.m. to 119 County Route 52, occupied by Sanya Snyder and three children, ages ten, seven and two, investigators said.
The North Lawrence fire department provided mutual aid and the Tri-Town Rescue Squad also responded.
A faulty furnace has been identified as the cause of the blaze, investigators said. The wood frame structure is owned by Diane and Elmer Rose, they said.
Firefighters returned to the station at 2:51 p.m.
The Red Cross was called for assistance, investigators said. The house was insured, investigators said.