By JIMMY LAWTON
MORRISTOWN -- A summer home was saved after Morristown firefighters responded to a blaze at 11:41 p.m. Tuesday at 441 River Road.
Morristown Volunteer Fire Department Chief Kevin Crosby said a summer home owned by Douglas Mayhew, was saved after a faulty chimney caught fire and spread to one wall.
"It was a good knockdown. Everyone did exactly what they needed to do. All the guys did great," he said. "We kept most of the damage to the back wall."
No injuries were reported and the residence served as a vacation home.
Crosby said Mayhew and his wife were visiting for the holidays and would be staying with family until they returned home.
Crosby said Morristown and Brier Hill Fire Departments were both at the scene. Heuvelton remained on Standby.