Left to right: Potsdam Rotary President Maureen Farina, Mitchell, Collins, and Rotary Vocational Service Chair Paul McGrath
POTSDAM -- The Rotary Club has chosen Cole Mitchell as the Seaway Career & Technical Education Center Student of the Month for October.
Mitchell, who is enrolled in the Metalworking Technology Program, is also a student at St. Lawrence Central School. He is the son of Vickie and Scott Kocienski.
Cole has been learning various advanced welding and cutting processes, fabrication, local and state welding certification requirements and blueprint interpretation.
Cole will be able to enter the work field as an entry-level welder or continue his education in a technical school, college or advanced program like under water welding school or union apprenticeship programs.
“Cole has consistent skills and quickly rose to the top of his class. He is a leader among the group, helps other students with their skills and shows great work effort and dedication. Cole pushes himself through the challenging work and has never faltered on the job. He has achieved many of the program goals and beyond and is currently getting ready to take his first State Bridge Welding Certification Exam. I support Cole in whichever career option he chooses upon graduation,” said Nanci Collins, Cole’s instructor.
Other students selected as Student of the Month in their respective classes at the Seaway Career & Technical Education Center include:
• Tyler Smith, St. Lawrence Central School, Allied Health program
• Amber Jones, Norwood, Cosmetology program
• Brandy Miller, Colton, Criminal Justice program
• Shannon Ramsdell, St. Lawrence Central School, Early Childhood
• Nathan McLaughlin, St. Lawrence Central School, Environmental Tech
• Audrey Plourde, Massena, Health Careers
• Blake Baldwin, St. Lawrence Central School, HVAC