Winter Storm Warning, Hazardous Weather Outlook to remain in effect for St. Lawrence County
The National Weather Service is maintaining its Winter Storm Warning and Hazardous Weather Outlook for moderate to heavy snowfall in St. Lawrence County through 1 p.m. Saturday.
After that, the NWS says, high pressure will build over the region and remain here, bringing clearing skies with it through the rest of the weekend.With the clearing skies, temperatures will drop below zero Saturday night, but will rebound into the mid 20s on Sunday.
On Monday it will be warmer yet, with a chance of snow.
For the latest details on weather where you are, visit http://www.NorthCountryNow.com/Weather.
The NWS forecast for the St. Lawrence Valley and northwestern Adirondacks:
• Tonight: Snow, mainly before 3 am. Low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -8. Blustery, with a northeast wind 17 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
• Saturday: A 30 percent chance of snow before 7am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -10. North wind 10 to 16 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
• Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around -2. Wind chill values as low as -12. West wind around 6 mph becoming south after midnight.
• Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 25. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
• Sunday Night: Increasing clouds, with a low around 14. South wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
• Monday: A chance of snow and sleet before noon, then a chance of rain, snow, and sleet between noon and 1pm, then rain likely after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Southeast wind 7 to 9 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
• Monday Night: Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Southwest wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
• Tuesday: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
• Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. West wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light southwest after midnight.
• Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
• Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Light and variable wind.
• Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
• Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 6. Light and variable wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the evening.
• Friday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 34. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming northeast in the morning.