St. Lawrence County residents, buried under more than one foot of snow from Friday’s storm, are now getting a welcome break with sunny skies this weekend and temperatures as high as 40 degrees starting Monday.
The National Weather Service is predicting gusty winds up to 21 miles per hours today which means Friday’s fluffy snowfall can be expected to drift in many North Country locations.
While highs today will only rise to about 14, high temperatures on Sunday should rise to 25, with predicted highs for Monday and Tuesday 40 and 37, respectively, the weather service says.
For current forecasts for your community, visit the NorthCountryNow.com Weather Page.
The seven-day forecast from the National Weather Services follows:
• This Afternoon Areas of blowing snow before 1pm, then Areas of blowing snow between 2pm and 3pm. Sunny, with a high near 14. West wind 3 to 7 mph. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
• Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -8. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
• Sunday Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 25. Wind chill values as low as -4. Light southeast wind.
• Sunday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 15. East wind 3 to 5 mph.
• Monday Snow showers before 1pm, then rain and snow showers likely between 1pm and 3pm, then rain showers likely after 3pm. High near 40. Southeast wind 6 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
• Monday Night A chance of rain showers before 7pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 7pm and 11pm, then a chance of snow showers after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Southwest wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
• Tuesday A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Southwest wind 10 to 13 mph.
• Tuesday Night A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. West wind 5 to 9 mph.
• Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
• Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Northeast wind 3 to 5 mph.
• Thursday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. West wind 5 to 8 mph.
• Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
• Friday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. West wind 5 to 8 mph.