Warm today in St. Lawrence Valley, rain expected tonight, cooler tomorrow
It will be a warm day across the North Country, with highs in the mid-60s, in advance of a cold front that will bring showers to the region later today and tonight, according to the National Weather Service.
Colder air will filter in behind the front, and forecasters warn that the rain tonight could turn to snow over the Adirondacks, but no significant accumulations are expected.Behind the front, cooler temperatures that are more in line with averages for this time of year will prevail for the rest of the week.
For the latest weather details, you can take a look at our weather page.
The NWS forecast for the St. Lawrence Valley and the northwestern Adirondacks:
•This Afternoon: Showers likely, mainly after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. South wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
• Tonight: Occasional showers, mainly before 2am. Low around 35. Windy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 21 to 26 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
• Thursday: A 20 percent chance of showers before 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
• Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
• Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Light and variable wind.
• Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 33. Calm wind.
• Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 55. South wind 3 to 8 mph.
• Saturday Night: Clear, with a low around 41. Light south wind.
• Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 61. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
• Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 42. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
• Monday: Sunny, with a high near 65. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
• Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 45. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
• Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 67. East wind 5 to 9 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.