Waddington home destroyed by fire Sunday had no smoke alarms
Photo couretsy of Josie and Andy BarrWADDINGTON — A stove pipe malfunction and a lack of smoke alarms is blamed for the total loss of a Waddington home Sunday.
The home, at 294 Rookey Road and owned by Jack Curley, was occupied by three people. No one was reported hurt.
Waddington fire and rescue volunteers were called out at 11:20 a.m. They were followed by companies from Madrid, Lisbon, Louisville, and West Potsdam.
Other elements of the West Potsdam department and firefighters from Heuvelton and Massena stood by.
The investigator's initial report said that two cats were missing, and that the home had no smoke alarms in it.
Waddington firefighters reported back in service at 2:31 p.m.