Ten seniors in Lisbon Central School's Class of 2013 Honors Group
LISBON -- Lisbon Central School has announced the Class of 2013 Honors Group.
Ten students have earned a cumulative grade point average of 90 or higher and will be recognized at graduation later this month. Students in the group have taken challenging high school courses, and some have earned college credit through SUNY Canton or North Country Community College.The students include:
• Kristopher Newtown, son of Michael and Sheila Newtown, has earned the highest GPA at Lisbon in the Class of 2013 with a 97.08. Kris will attend Canton College to pursue a degree in engineering science.
• Megan Barney, daughter of Ray and Patti Barney, is ranked second in the class with a 96.48 GPA. Megan has enrolled at Elmira College for fall 2013 in an American studies major. Megan earned SUNY Canton college credit through distance learning this year.
• Colin Smith, son of David and Carol Smith, is ranked third in the honors group with a cumulative average of 94.50. Colin plans to pursue an engineering degree this fall at Geneva College in Pennsylvania. He also earned SUNY Canton college credit through distance learning.
• Matthew House, son of Sheila McCabe and Mark House, has earned a GPA of 93.40 over his four years at Lisbon. Matt will pursue a career and training in railway transportation through a rail company.
• Emily Dawley, daughter of Randy Dawley, has earned a place in the honors group with a cumulative GPA of 92.38. Emily will pursue a nursing major at SUNY Canton in the fall.
• Matthew Snyder, son of Erik and Julie Snyder, is a member of the honors group, having earned a 91.62 GPA. Matt has enrolled at Ithaca College in the instrumental music education program for the fall 2013.
• Kaela Erwin, daughter of Darren and Edith Erwin, is ranked within the honors group with a cumulative GPA of 90.92. Kaela will pursue a psychology major at Coastal Carolina Community College in North Carolina.
• Gabrielle Walker, daughter of Scott and Jennifer Walker, has earned a GPA of 90.81 during her high school career. Gabrielle will attend Canton College in the fall as a liberal arts and sciences major.
• Leeann Dawley, daughter of Scott and Sheri Dawley, has earned honors group status with a 90.72 GPA at Lisbon. Leeann intends to pursue a psychology major at SUNY Potsdam this fall.
• Ryan Mathews, son of Lawrence and Valerie Mathews, is a member of the senior honors group with a cumulative GPA of 90.46. Ryan will attend Clarkson University this fall, majoring in engineering studies.