SUNY Canton veterinarian warns pet owners of accidental poisonings
Friday, February 22, 2013 - 11:45 am

A local veterinarian is warning pet owners about the dangers to pets of poisoning by things found in many households in St. Lawrence County.

Tony Beane, a professor of veterinary science technology at SUNY Canton, warns people not to give pets drugs meant for humans or for other pets even if the intention is good. He said the result could be fatal to a pet.

In an article for NorthCountryNow.com, Dr. Beane also highlights concerns about rat poisons and automotive antifreeze. Beane article is available online at www.NorthCountryNow.com/pet-info .