SUNY Canton to offer 10 online degree programs in Open SUNY+ Initiative
CANTON -- SUNY Canton will offer ten online degree programs as part of the Open SUNY+ initiative, the university system's signature online learning program.
The college is one of 17 SUNY schools that were chosen to participate. The SUNY Canton programs that were selected met a number of criteria, including student interest, accreditation and their capacity to meet current and future workforce demands throughout New York State.They are:
• Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance
• Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
• Bachelor of Technology in Emergency and Disaster Management
• Bachelor of Technology in Dental Hygiene
• Bachelor of Technology in Health Care Management
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Bachelor of Technology in Veterinary Services Management
• Bachelor of Technology in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement Leadership
• Bachelor of Technology in Homeland Security
• Bachelor of Technology in Legal Studies
In all, more than 60 programs will be offered as part of Open SUNY+ and are expected to reach as many as 6,000 students next semester.
Through a comprehensive set of support services unique to Open SUNY+, online students and faculty are able to connect in the same way traditional, on-campus students and faculty connect. For students, these new support services include:
• A 24/7 HelpDesk that assists students with technical questions
• Access to online readiness tools
• A personal student concierge who connects students to representatives from their home campus when needed
• Expanded access to applied learning opportunities that enhance student knowledge and give students a competitive edge by providing them with hands-on work experience in their field prior to graduation.
To aid in degree planning and student completion, the Open SUNY website includes a searchable database of offerings for students, faculty and advisers. For more information, visit open.suny.edu.