St. Lawrence County outdoor enthusiasts can receive free license plates reflecting their interests when purchasing lifetime sporting licenses
St. Lawrence County’s outdoors enthusiasts can get license plates that reflect their favorite hobbies when they purchase lifetime sporting licenses.
The new program allows the public to purchase lifetime licenses to fish, hunt and visit state parks. Anyone who purchases the lifetime licenses will also receive one of nine exclusive license plates at no additional charge.New York residents who secure lifetime licenses will have the opportunity to receive an Adventure License, which allows them the option of consolidating all their recreation licenses and benefits onto their driver’s license.
The Adventure License and plates are available on the state’s revamped online licensing portal: www.licensecenter.ny.gov.
To promote these latest offers, the State will launch a direct mail campaign and send one million letters to notify current short-term recreational license holders.
New prices for licenses are as follows:
• Lifetime hunting license: $535 for small/big game
A lifetime hunting license allows holders to hunt across millions of acres of majestic wild lands in New York while saving on the costs of an annual license.
• Lifetime fishing license: $460
A lifetime fishing license provides a lifetime of fishing on more than 70,000 miles of rivers and streams and more than 7,000 lakes and ponds while saving on the cost of an annual license.
• Lifetime empire passport: $750 with special offer
With no expiration date, buy the new Lifetime Empire Passport once, and enjoy the forests, the seashore, and the lakefronts in New York’s state parks for years and years to come while saving on the cost of an annual license. In addition, as a free one-time special bonus, purchasers will be able to select from any one of the following: a free week of camping, a free round of golf for four, or a $100 State Parks gift card.
• Adventure license plates: Adventure license plates will be free of charge for those purchasing new lifetime licenses in 2014, including one free plate renewal. Nine beautiful plate designs are available to display the lifetime commitment that hunters, anglers and parks visitors have made.
• NYS Adventure Licenses: Lifetime holders of sporting licenses, Lifetime Empire Passports, and NY Safe Boating Certificates have the opportunity to consolidate their paper licenses onto one document, their New York State driver’s license. The license will feature icons including: a deer and fish for sportsmen lifetime licensees; an arrowhead for bowhunting; a bobcat paw for trapping; a powderhorn for muzzleloading; an anchor for a boating safety certificate; and a maple leaf for Lifetime Empire Passports.
To purchase a lifetime pass or to learn more about these offers, go to www.licensecenter.ny.gov.