St. Lawrence County residents can apply for insulation and asbestos worker apprenticeships
St. Lawrence County residents can apply for insulation and asbestos worker apprenticeships through the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee for Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers, Local Union #30.
The recruitment will be from Jan. 24 through Dec. 26.The openings listed for apprentices represent the total number for five recruitment regions.
Applications can be obtained from the Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers, Local Union #30, 107 Twin Oaks Drive, Syracuse, from 9 a.m. to noon on the fourth Wednesday of each month, excluding legal holidays, during the recruitment period. All applications must be received by Jan. 2, 2019.
The committee requires that applicants:
• be at least 18 years old.
• have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (such as TASC or GED), proof will be required after selection and prior to indenture.
• be physically able to perform the work required of an insulation and asbestos worker, as determined by a medical exam and a drug screening, at the expense of the sponsor, after selection and prior to indenture.
• take an aptitude test administered by the New York state Department of Labor.
• reside within the jurisdiction of Local Union #30 for at least one year prior to recruitment. This includes the counties of Broome, Cayuga, Chemung, Chenango, Cortland, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego, Otsego, Schuyler, Seneca, St. Lawrence, Tioga, and Tompkins.
• provide DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, if applicable, after selection and prior to indenture.
For further information, applicants should contact their nearest New York State Department of Labor office or Local Union #30 at (315) 475-1246.