The St. Lawrence County Board of Elections is reminding the public of some extended hours for issuing absentee ballots, the deadline for absentee ballot application, and the dates they must receive the absentee ballots:
• Oct. 30 -- Last day to apply by mail for absentee ballot for General Election.
• Oct. 30 and Nov. 1-- Board of Elections office will remain open until 7 p.m. to issue absentee ballots.
• Nov. 3 (Saturday) -- Board of Elections office open 9 a.m. to noon to issue absentee ballots. 3-214(3)
• Nov. 5 -- Last day to deliver absentee ballot application or apply in person for an absentee ballot for the General Election.
• Nov. 6, Election Day – Polls open 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Absentee ballots must reach the Board of Elections by the close of the polls on Election Day, except the ballots postmarked by the postal service not later than the day before election may be received until seven days after the election (Nov. 13). Ballots from the military personnel must be received by Nov. 19.