St. Lawrence County is in for a few days of snow, sleet and freezing rain.
A winter storm watch, hazardous weather outlook and a winter weather advisory through 4 a.m. Saturday have been posted by the National Weather Service for the St. Lawrence County and the northern Adirondacks.
Snowfall, then sleet, then snowfall again are predicted for St. Lawrence County today as temperatures fall into the mid-20s this afternoon.
For the last weekend before Christmas, snow and sleet are expected to continue tonight and into tomorrow as the temperature remains in the mid-20s, and freezing rain is predicted for Saturday night.
Snow and sleet accumulations will be 1 to 3 inches through tonight with little more accumulation Saturday, but then ice becomes a factor, according to the NWS.
The nasty weather continues Sunday, with highs in the 30s and perhaps a half an inch of rain.
Sunday night, rain is predicted to change to snow.
You can keep track of weather developments from our weather page.
The forecast for the St. Lawrence Valley and the northwestern Adirondacks:
• Today: Snow before 11am, then snow and sleet between 11am and noon, then snow after noon. Temperature falling to around 23 by 5pm. North wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
• Tonight: Snow before 1am, then snow and sleet likely between 1am and 3am, then sleet likely after 3am. Low around 24. North wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
• Saturday: A chance of sleet before 8am, then freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 28. North wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
• Saturday Night: Freezing rain. Low around 25. Northeast wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
• Sunday: Freezing rain. High near 34. Northeast wind 11 to 16 mph becoming light east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
• Sunday Night: A chance of rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 8 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
• Monday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. West wind around 8 mph.
• Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
• Tuesday: Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 8. West wind around 7 mph.
• Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -4. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
• Christmas Day: Partly sunny, with a high near 20. South wind around 6 mph.
• Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. South wind 7 to 9 mph.
• Thursday: Cloudy, with a high near 31. Southwest wind around 10 mph.