Snow showers are expected tonight in the North Country, tapering off Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.
While the chance of snow for this rest of this afternoon is 40 percent, less than a half an inch of accumulation is anticipated, according to the service.
The snow should drop off before noon Tuesday, the service said.
A high pressure system will bring more moderate temperatures and sunshine to the North country later this week, the service predicted. Temperatures may reach as high as 42 degrees, according to Friday’s forecast.
For up to date weather information for your area visit our weather page at http://northcountrynow.com/weather. The full seven day forecast is listed below.
• Tonight: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 5 to 8 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
• Tuesday: A 20 percent chance of snow showers before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 6 to 11 mph in the afternoon.
• Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Northeast wind around 11 mph.
• Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Northeast wind 9 to 15 mph.
• Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Northeast wind around 9 mph.
• Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 40. North wind around 9 mph.
• Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. North wind around 6 mph.
• Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. North wind around 7 mph.
• Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Light northeast wind.
• Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. West wind 3 to 7 mph.
• Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
• Sunday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. West wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.