CANTON — Six people charged last week with petit larceny in connection with a string of vehicle break-ins have now been charged with felony grand larceny, and one has been sent to jail without bail.
The St. Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office announced Sunday all six have also been arrested for fourth degree grand larceny and conspiracy to commit a crime, a misdemeanor.
The six stole an undetermined amount of cash and property from vehicles in the village and town of Canton on April 25 and 26, deputies say.
One of the six, Albert E. Bevins, 19, 100 County Rt. 15, Dekalb Junction, was sent to St. Lawrence County Correctional Facility without bail following arraignment in Canton Village Court.
The others arrested by deputies and Canton village police were:
• Wallace “Wally” F. Mclaughlin, 19, County Rt. 24, Edwards
• Derrick A. Jerome, 20, 27 Jingleville Rd., Canton
• Tamara S. Owens, 18, 27 Jingleville Road, Canton,
• Brandon C. Gage, 19, 1332 Ford St., Ogdensburg,
• Richard “Ricky” H. Martin, III, 17, of 30 East St. in Rensselaer Falls
McLaughlin and Martin were released under the supervision of the St. Lawrence County Probation Department following arraignment in Canton Village Court. The others were issued appearance tickets and released.
Last week, all except Martin were charged with petit larceny and sixth-degree conspiracy. Martin was cited only for sixth-degree conspiracy.