Seven Parishville residents left homeless following Monday fire
Monday, March 18, 2013 - 4:57 pm

Seven Parishville residents are homeless following a Parishville fire. Photo submitted by Lee Hoover, Stockholm.

PARISHVILLE -- Seven people were rendered homeless by a fire in Parishville Monday.

A home owned and occupied by Neil F. Richards at 246 County Route 56 burned down earlier today, according to the St. Lawrence County fire investigators.

The home was occupied by two adults and five children. Parishville volunteer firefighters received the alarm at 10:38 a.m. and returned to the station house at 3:13 p.m.

The fire has been ruled accidental and was started by an overheated woodstove, according to fire investigators. The building was a total loss, investigators said.

Red Cross was notified and National Grid also responded to the scene.

The home was not insured, according to the investigators.

Mutual aid was provided by the Parishville, Nicholville, Potsdam and Hopkinton fire departments. The Parishville rescue squad also responded.