Seasonable weather in North Country before storm to our west moves in
Monday, February 25, 2013 - 6:41 am

The effects of a blizzard in the midsection of the nation won't be seen here for a couple of days, and in the meantime we can expect a cloudy day today with seasonable temperatures and slight chance of snow and partly sunny and warmer day Tuesday.

Highs today will be around the freezing mark, according to the National Weather Service, and the low tonight around 20, and tomorrow's high will reach into the low 40s.

By Tuesday night, the chance of snow increases to 30 percent, and on Wednesday and Wednesday night, the chance of rain, snow or sleet is 70 percent, the NWS says.

Up to the minute forecasts are available at our weather page, NorthCountryNow.com/weather.

The NWS forecast for the St. Lawrence Valley and the northwestern Adirondacks:

• Today: A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. West wind 3 to 8 mph.

• Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.

• Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 8 mph in the morning.

• Tuesday Night: A chance of snow before 5am, then a chance of snow and sleet. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. East wind 8 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.

• Wednesday: Snow and sleet likely before 9am, then rain, snow, and sleet likely between 9am and 11am, then rain likely after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Breezy, with a east wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

• Wednesday Night: Rain and snow likely, becoming all snow after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 30. East wind 7 to 11 mph becoming southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

• Thursday: Rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 38. South wind around 8 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

• Thursday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

• Friday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

• Friday Night: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Northwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

• Saturday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph.

• Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 15. West wind around 7 mph.

• Sunday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. West wind 6 to 9 mph.