Assemblywoman Addie J. Russell has announced that the following organizations have endorsed her candidacy for re-election to the New York State Assembly:
• Civil Service Employees Association (CSEA)
• International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local Union No. 910
• International Union of Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers, Local Union No. 2
• Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence Central Trades and Labor Council
• NARAL Pro-Choice New York
• National Organization of Women (NOW), New York State PAC
• New York State AFL-CIO
• New York State Public Employees Federation (PEF)
• New York State United Teachers (NYSUT)
The nine organizations that endorsed Russell represent thousands of constituents in the 118th Assembly District, where Russell, the incumbent Democrat, is challenged by David Forsythe, a Republican county legislator from Lisbon representing District Two.
“I work hard every day to make sure that the men and women who live and work here in the North Country can keep their jobs, provide for their families, and maintain a desirable standard of living,” says Russell, who says she believes a strong record of advocating programs and services that address the needs of working families has led to the endorsements.