POTSDAM -- The Rotary Club of Potsdam raised $2,700 in the 18th Annual Rubber Ducky Pluck during the Potsdam Summer Festival.
Each year, the club uses the event proceeds to help send children with disabilities from St. Lawrence County to a Rotary-sponsored week at NYSARC 's Dodge Pond Camp, and to support other community service projects.
This year's prize winners are:
• 1st Prize: Gerri Snyder ($500 cash donated by Dr. & Mrs. Michael Maresca)
• 2nd Prize: Rachelle Romoda ($200 in Potsdam Gift Certificates donated by Pinto, Mucenski, Hooper & Van House and Community Bank)
• 3rd Prize: Rich Van Leuven ($150 cash donated by Plumley Real Estate)
• 4th Prize: Tracy Haywood ($100 IGA Gift Card donated by Potsdam IGA)
• 5th Prize: Nathaniel Infantine ($50 in Potsdam Gift Certificates donated by North Country Savings Bank)
• 6th Prize: Finnegan Doyle (two summer musical tickets donated by Community Performance Series)
• 7th Prize: Sally Charleson ($25 Visa Gift Card donated by NBT Bank)
• 8th Prize: Mary Shatraw ($25 in Potsdam Gift Certificates donated by Account Ability)
• 9th Prize: Marylee Ballou ($25 in Potsdam Gift Certificates donated by Harris Medical)
• 10th Prize: The Graham Boys ($25 in Potsdam Gift Certificates donated by friends of Rotary.
Rotary expressed gratitude to all their sponsors and those who bought tickets.
Thanks also to the Potsdam Fire Department for generously creating the duck "pond" and to Rae Snell for donating her time for face painting.
Started in 1928, Potsdam Rotary continues a long tradition of local, regional and international service projects.
For more information about The Rotary Club of Potsdam and Rotary International, please visit www.potsdamrotary.org.