POTSDAM -- Fire officials report that quick response time by Potsdam firefighters limited damage to a structure at 739 Bagdad Road Sunday evening in a fire reportedly started by a candle.
Potsdam fire and rescue units responded to a call to the address at 9:28 p.m. West Potsdam and Hannawa Falls departments provided mutual aid. West Stockholm and Norwood departments were on standby.
Officials say a candle in the building tipped over into combustible materials.
Two people were reported to have been inside at the time. No one was reported hurt.
Officials say the structure, owned by Melvina Reid, is insured.
In the release to the media, fire officials noted that "Potsdam [Fire Department] had an excellent response time limiting the extent of the damage." The damage was reported as moderate.