Potsdam Holiday Fund applications for food, toys and clothing available at several area locations
POTSDAM -- Applications are now available for assistance from the Potsdam Holiday Fund program, which provides new toys, warm clothing and food to area families with children and to senior citizens in need.
The program is being coordinated by a group of volunteers in the community. The Holiday Fund serves residents in Potsdam, Madrid, Hopkinton, Nicholville, Brasher Falls, Chase Mills, Fort Jackson, West Stockholm and Winthrop.College students with families who are in need of assistance are eligible as well.
Applications may be picked up at the following locations:
• Potsdam: Post Office, Potsdam Neighborhood Center, Evergreen Park Office, Debra Drive Apartments Office, Midtown Apartments Office, Mayfield Apartments Office, Potsdam Central Schools (elementary, middle and high school nurses’ offices), Canton-Potsdam Hospital and Potsdam Head Start
• SUNY Potsdam: Karen Ham, Career Planning Office, 206 Sisson Hall
• Clarkson University: School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business, School of Engineering, Physical Therapy Office, Physician Assistant Studies Office, Dean of Students Office, and International Graduate Studies Office.
• Hannawa Falls: Post Office, Helping Hands of Potsdam, Inc.
• Madrid: Post Office
• West Stockholm: Post Office
• Winthrop: Post Office
• Nicholville and Fort Jackson: Post Office
• Hopkinton: Library
Other locations in the area include: Renewal House, One Stop Career Center, St. Lawrence County Community Services, Office for the Aging, Social Services, Public Health, Cerebral Palsy of the North Country
Deadline for applications is Saturday, Nov. 30. Applications may be mailed to the Potsdam Holiday Fund, Inc., PO Box 827, Potsdam, NY 13676.
Food baskets will be delivered or can be picked up on Wednesday, Dec. 18 at the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints on Castle Drive (off Leroy St.) in Potsdam. Distribution of gifts and clothing is scheduled for Friday and Saturday, Dec. 13 and 14 at the United Methodist Church in Potsdam.
As in the past, applicants are asked to provide verification of income and age for all members of their household. The guidelines for eligibility are the same as the guidelines used by the Potsdam Neighborhood Center.