The St. Lawrence County Planning Office, with funds from the DEC’s Adirondack Park Community Smart Growth Grant Program, is currently compiling a “User’s Guide to the Adirondacks in St. Lawrence County”. The planning office is developing this guide to lands with public access that are both within the county and the Adirondack Park. During September, the planning office will make presentations about the guide and solicit public comments at town board meetings in communities within the Blue Line. The public is invited to attend these town board meetings to learn more about the guide project.
These town board meetings include:
• Town of Clifton, Wednesday, Sept. 8, 6:30 p.m., Cranberry Lake Community Center, 7171 St. Hwy. 3.
• Town of Fine, Wednesday, Sept. 8, 6:30 p.m., Town Office, Star Lake, 4078 St. Hwy. 3.
• Town of Clare, Wednesday, Sept. 8, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 3441 Cty. Rt. 27.
• Town of Lawrence, Wednesday, Sept. 8, 7 p.m., Town Offices, 11403 U.S. Hwy. 11, Lawrenceville.
• Town of Colton, Wednesday, Sept. 8, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 94 Main St.
• Town of Piercefield, Thursday, Sept. 9, 7:30 p.m., Town Hall, 48 Waller St.
• Town of Pitcairn, Tuesday, Sept. 14, 6:30 p.m., Town Hall, 10 Edwards Rd., Harrisville.
• Town of Hopkinton, Monday, Sept. 20, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 15 Church St.
• Town of Parishville, Tuesday, Sept. 28, 9 a.m., Town Hall, 1772 St. Hwy. 72.
Planning staff will also hold additional public meetings to gather input from residents, businesses and other stakeholders in communities within the park about the local businesses and services accessible to visitors to the area, meeting their needs for food, fuel and other goods and services during day- or overnight-trips to the region. These public sessions will be held at :
• Star Lake Community Center, Thursday, Sept. 30, 6:30 p.m.
• Piercefiled, TBA.
• Parishville Town Hall, Wednesday, Oct. 6, 6:30 p.m.
For more information, contact the planning office at 379-2292.