Parishville superintendent finalists at meet and greet with district voters May 24
PARISHVILLE – Voters and community members will have an opportunity to meet superintendent finalists at Parishville-Hopkinton School May 24.
The board interviewed four candidates, selected from the original group of five applicants. Two candidates will advance to the stakeholder group interviews on Wednesday May 24, and Thursday, May 25, 2017, moderated by current Board Member Joe McGill.Earlier this year, former superintendent Darin Saiff began a new position as the assistant superintendent for instruction at St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES.
After the board gathers feedback from stakeholders and community members, the board will make a final selection. The two finalists are Erin Woods and Dr. William Collins.
Erin Woods currently serves as the Special Education School Improvement Specialist (SESIS) for the Regional Special Education Technical Assistance Center (RSE TASC), a position she has held since January 2016. Prior to this position, she served as the Superintendent of Schools for the Lisbon Central School District/Elementary Principal for nearly nine years. Woods will meet with stakeholder groups and community members on Wednesday, May 24.
Dr. William Collins currently serves as the Coordinator of Graduate Educational Leadership Programs at St. Lawrence University, a position he has held since 2013. Prior to this position, he served as the principal for the William E Norris Elementary School in Southhampton, MA for nearly nine years. Collins will meet with stakeholder groups and community members on Thursday, May 25,.
The schedule for both candidates will be the same. Community members are welcome and encouraged to attend to provide feedback to the board.
• 11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.: Tour of the school grounds with Interim Superintendent Wayne Walbridge
• 12 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.: Lunch with students
• 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.: Interview with non-instructional group (6-12 members)
• 2 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.: Interview with administrative group
• 3p.m. to 3:45 p.m.: Interview with instructional group (6-12 members)
• 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: Community presentation for 20 minutes with question and answer period to follow in the school cafeteria.