Overheated wood stove chimney causes blaze that destroys home in Oswegatchie
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 6:10 am

OSWEGATCHIE – An overheated wood stove chimney is said to have caused a fire the destroyed a house located at 126 Lost Village Rd. Monday night, according to St. Lawrence County Fire Investigtors.

Heuvelton fire and Ogdensburg rescue responded to 911 call reporting a fire at 7:54 p.m. but were unable to save the home as it was determined a total loss, investigators said.

They were assisted in the scene by Brier Hill and Morristown firefighters with departments from Gouverneur, Rensselaer Falls, and Hammond on stand-by, officials said.

The house was reportedly occupied by Christopher Weston who lived there with other person, investigators said.

Investigators said the home was not insured.