Overheated diesel engine blamed for blaze in Heuvelton
Friday, May 28, 2010 - 8:26 pm

HEUVELTON – An overheated diesel engine has been listed as the cause of a fire that caused moderate damage to a building at 5441 County Route 10 this afternoon.

St. Lawrence County fire investigators said the Heuvelton Fire Department responded at 12:39 p.m. to the structure owned by Levi Shetler.

The Rensselaer Falls, Morristown and Lisbon fire departments provided mutual aid coverage and the Ogdensburg Rescue Squad responded. The Waddington, Richville and Morley fire departments were on standby.

A male suffered burns to the hand but refused medical treatment, investigators said. The building was not insured, they said.

Heuvelton firefighters returned to the station at 2:33 p.m.