One hurt as fire destroys Morristown home; cooking stove malfunction blamed
Monday, November 19, 2012 - 9:10 am

MORRISTOWN – One person was hurt as a house on Main Street in Morristown was destroyed by fire Saturday evening.

The St. Lawrence County Fire Investigation team says the origin of the fire was a cook stove malfunction.

The house, at 900 B Main St., was owned by Scott Bogardus and occupied by Doris Brown.

Morristown fire and rescue units were called out at 6:37 p.m. Saturday, and they were joined at the scene by firefighters from Brier and Heuvelton; on standby were Hammond and Rensselaer Falls departments.

Morristown was back in service at 8:58 p.m.

Investigators said there was no insurance on the structure.