Ogdensburg Key Club honored at New York State Leadership Training Conference
The Ogdensburg Free Academy Key Club won 13 awards and honors at the New York State Leadership Training Conference in Albany over the weekend. Shown in front: Tyler Fiacco, Victoria Meaheaw, Zoe Martin, Norman Piatek, Shannon Tooley and Zendel Cordwell. Second row: Kiwanis Advisor Jim Reagen, Brittney Dixon, Jack Vielhauer, Faculty Advisor Christina Frank, President Charlotte Miller, Laken Kelly, Katie Piercey, Katrina Couperus, Madeleine Ward and Gian Rufa. Back row: Seth Pickman, John Morrison, Nabiha Qudsi, Garrett Calton, Shauna Rickett and Matthew Snodgrass.OGDENSBURG -- The Ogdensburg Free Academy Key Club was honored as one of the state's top youth service organizations over the weekend as the teens won 13 awards at the NewYork State Leadership Training Conference in Albany.
"The OFA Key Club, under the leadership of President Charlotte Miller, was honored for its extensive award winning youth service and leadership program," said Ogdensburg Kiwanis Advisor Jim Reagen, who is beginning his 20th year as the group's advisor.
"The judges were very impressed by the dedication of one of upstate New York's hardest working group of teenage volunteers," said OFA Faculty Advisor Christina Frank.
Awards and honors included:
- Tied for Distinguished Club for its overall community service program
- 1st Place Interclub for the club's international efforts with four Ottawa, Ontario Key Clubs .
- 1st Place Kiwanis Relations for the club's service with the Ogdensburg Kiwanis, Builders and Aktion Clubs.
- 1st Place Video by Senior Shannon Tooley.
- 1st Place Freshman Member Nisa Rivera
- 1st Place Junior Member Melissa Jones
- 2nd Place Major Emphasis Program for Read and Lead at the Ogdensburg Boys and Girls Club, led by Vice President John Morrison.
- 2nd Place Single Service for its work on the Cross Country Ski Trail at the St. Lawrence State Park, led by President Charlotte Miller.
- Outstanding Secretary Laken Kelly
- Distinguished Lt. Governor Nabiha Qudsi
- Finalist Talent Show - Shannon Tooley, Katie Piercey, Katrina Couperus, Zendel Cordwell and Maddy Ward.
- Early Bird Dues
- Seven OFA Key Club members were recognized as Distinguished members, including President Charlotte Miller, Vice President John Morrison, Secretary Laken Kelly, Norm Piatek, Zoe Martin, Melissa Jones and Nisa Rivera.
- Installed Lt. Governor Laken Kelly
- Recognized International Trustee Jack Vielhauer
The OFA Key Club is sponsored by the Ogdensburg Kiwanis Club.