OGDENSBURG -- The Ogdensburg Chamber of Commerce has selected the winners of this year’s holiday lighting display contest.
Community members and chamber board members drove “all around the city” to judge “some pretty spectacular” displays, according to a press release from the chamber.
St. Lawrence NYSARC provided us a bus for special needs residents at Centennial Terrace and Riverview Towers to tour the displays and visit “Lights on the River.”
The first place winner of the “holiday spirit” category was the Barry Kiah family, 418 Franklin St. The Kiah’s won $100 from St. Lawrence Federal Credit Union. Second place went to Ellen Miller, 823 Caroline St., who won $25 from Big Cheese Pizza.
Bill and Maureen McNally, 518 Proctor Ave., took first place in the “traditional” category, winning $100 from North Country Savings Bank. Lee Jones, 612 Hasbrouck St., won $25 from the Greater Ogdensburg Chamber of Commerce for second place.
St. John’s Episcopal Church, 500 Caroline St., took first place in the religious category, winning $100 from the First Baptist Church. St. Mary’s Cathedral, 415 Hamilton St., took second place and $25 from Ed-Med Credit Union.
Carbino’s Diamond Center, 304 Ford St., and Donna and John Reed of 726 Greene St. took “People’s Choice Award” honors, winning $50 each from the chamber. The award is judged by community members who rode along on the chamber tour.
A complete list of contestants follows:
• Carbino’s Diamond Center, 304 Ford Street
• Don Perry, 991 Moreland Road
• Kiah family, 418 Franklin Street
• Tom and JoEllen Murray, 222 McIntyre Road
• St. John's Episcopal Church, 500 Caroline Street
• Jonathan Masters, 311 Kiah Street
• Jack Downing, 929 Elizabeth Street
• Malcolm Middlemiss, 162 Wood Road
• Paul and Bonnie Hadley, 31 Richardson Road
• Bill and Maureen McNally, 518 Proctor Ave
• Troy and Shelley Taylor, 822 Morris Street
• Tim and Debbie Burke, 500 Bigelow
• Lee Jones, 612 Hasbrouck Street
• Jerry and Vicky Peo, 7051 State Route 37
• St. Mary’s Cathedral, 415 Hamilton Street
• Ellen Miller, 823 Caroline Street
• Maureen Bouchey, 4929 State Highway 37
• Donnand John Reed, 726 Greene Street