North Country Sen. Patty Ritchie will honor St. Lawrence County veterans today in Ogdensburg
Edited at 12:05 p.m. to reflect that and Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul will not be in attendance at the event due to last minute changes.
OGDENSBURG – North Country Sen. Patty Ritchie will honor 13 St. Lawrence County veterans of the United States Armed Forces at her annual “Veterans Hall of Fame” ceremony today.The event will take place at 2 p.m. at the Dobisky Visitors Center, 100 Riverside Ave.
Honorees were nominated by family, friends, co-workers and fellow veterans for their military service to our nation, and their continuing work and involvement in causes that benefit and improve our local communities.
Joining Senator Ritchie for this special ceremony will be Major General Walter Piatt, Commander of the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Drum.
Veterans from St. Lawrence County being honored at the event include:
• Charles H. Alexander Jr. of Canton: Navy
• Darrell L. Dailey of Massena: Army
• Roy B. Forsythe of Gouverneur: Army
• John F. Freego of Canton: Army
• Richard Heffron of Gouverneur: Army
• John McCullough of Ogdensburg: Army
• David Pearson of Ogdensburg: Army
• Tracy Lee Sheesley of Canton: Army
• Robert Shelato, formerly of Massena: Army
• Robert C. Sheridan of Canton: Army
• William R. Swafford of South Colton: Navy
• Robert K. Wilson of Potsdam: Navy
• Alan J. “Doc” Winney of Lisbon: Navy