North Country to see sunny skies, more seasonal temperatures this week
The North Country will see sunny skies and more seasonal temperatures this week, with sun today and rain Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.
High pressure moving into the region will provide the North Country with a pleasant spring day with partly sunny skies and temperatures warming into the mid 50s to lower 60s.A mild night is expected in advance of a cold front which will bring gusty winds, showers and possibly a rumble of thunder to the St. Lawrence Valley Tuesday.
High pressure returns again for Wednesday, though temperatures will cool slightly, back into the lower to mid 50s.
For the latest weather developments visit the NorthCountryNow.com weather page.
The NWS forecast for the St. Lawrence Valley and northwestern Adirondacks:
• Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 66. Southeast wind around 7 mph.
• Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. South wind 7 to 16 mph.
• Tuesday: A chance of showers before 11am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 11am and 5pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 61. Windy, with a southwest wind 18 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
• Tuesday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. Southwest wind 9 to 14 mph becoming light after midnight. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
• Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 54. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
• Wednesday Night: Increasing clouds, with a low around 42. Calm wind.
• Thursday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. East wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph.
• Thursday Night: Cloudy, with a low around 55. South wind 11 to 15 mph.
• Friday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. Breezy, with a southwest wind 13 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.
• Friday Night: A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 43. Southwest wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
• Saturday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 53. Southwest wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph.
• Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. Southwest wind 10 to 13 mph.
• Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Northwest wind around 7 mph becoming north in the afternoon.