Ten people have been arrested for and possessing selling heroin, cocaine, LSD and pot following multiple investigations into drug trafficking conducted by the St. Lawrence County Drug Task Force.
All were arraigned in front of County Court Judge Kathleen M. Rogers late Tuesday afternoon, according to a joint announcement from county District Attorney Nicole Duve and county Sheriff Kevin Wells.
Four of the suspects were sent to St. Lawrence County Correctional Facility in Canton, two without bail and two in lieu of $10,000 bail. The others were released under the supervision of the probation department.
Investigators for the county Drug Task Force included members from the Canton, Gouverneur, Massena, Ogdensburg and Potsdam police departments, the sheriff’s Office, state police and the Troop B Narcotics Enforcement Unit.
The defendants and their charges include:
• Sallee J. Royce, 20, Edwards, Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance (CSCS) third degree, three counts, and Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance (CPCS) third degree, three counts, for allegedly selling morphine pills on three occasions in May.
• Daniel P. LaTray, 33, Gouverneur, CSCS third degree, three counts, and CPCS third degree, three counts, for allegedly selling morphine pills on 3 occasions in June and August.
• Kevin D. Logan, 21, Potsdam, CSCS fifth degree, three counts, and CPCS fifth three counts, for allegedly selling LSD on three occasions in November 2012.
• Jon E. Paige, 29, Massena, ?CSCS third degree and CPCS third degree, for allegedly selling cocaine on one occasion in November 2012
• Danilov K. Casimir, 21, Potsdam, Criminal Sale of Marijuana (CPM) third degree two counts, for allegedly selling marijuana on two occasions in February.
• Douglas W. Harris, 31, Gouverneur, CSCS third degree, and CPCS third degree, for allegedly selling heroin on one occasion in March.
• Matthew T. Schirmer, 24, Philadelphia, NY, CSCS third degree and CPCS third degree, for allegedly selling cocaine on one•
• Matisha L. Wineglass, 32, Watertown, CSCS third degree, two counts, and CPCS third degree, two counts, for allegedly selling cocaine on two occasions in March and April.
• Keith W. Snyder, 21, Massena, CSCS third degree and CPCS third degree.
Also arrested on a felony complaint was Mark A. Weir, 43, Fowler, for CPM second degree.
Wineglass and Schirmer were remanded without bail, said Duve and Wells. Harris and LaTray were each held on $10,000 cash or $20,000 bond.
Casimir, Royce, Paige and Logan were released with conditions under probation supervision, and Weir was released to probation supervision.
Snyder, who was already in the county jail due to a probation violation, was returned jail following arraignment.
“The indictments are mere accusations and the defendants are presumed innocent unless, or until, proven guilty in a court of law,” said a prepared statement from Wells and Duve.
Additional arrests are expected.