Missing Canton man located in South Dakota, search called off
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 4:54 pm

The search for a Canton man reported missing by his family has been called off.

Contact has been made with Christopher Knight, 21, in South Dakota, according to the St. Lawrence County Sheriff's office.

Knight was reported to be a missing person since he had not been in contact with his family since Sunday morning, reports earlier today said.

Deputies had issued an alert saying he was last seen driving a black 2002 Ford F-250. Along with a more detailed description of the truck, deputies said the last known sighting of Knight and his vehicle had been at about 8 a.m. Sunday in DeKalb Junction.

But they and the Potsdam Police Department, who had helped in the investigation, now say the Canton man has been in contact from South Dakota with people here.