CANTON -- The St. Lawrence County Historical Association is selling miniature replicas of buildings throughout the county.
They include the State Hospital Administration Building in Ogdensburg, the Morley Schoolhouse and St. Paul's Catholic Church, Piercefield.
Construction began on the State Hospital Administration Building in Ogdensburg on September 10, 1888. It was designed by the New York State Architect, Isaac Perry, and opened on December 9, 1890.
The Morley schoolhouse was built in 1823 as a gothic two-room school house by landowner William Harison, who drew up the construction plans and donated the entire construction cost of $3,000. Initially, the school served grades one through nine, but the ninth grade was discontinued in 1921. It served the community of Morley until it was condemned and closed in the mid-1960s.
In 1897, St. Paul’s Catholic Church became incorporated and purchased land for a church building from the Piercefield Paper Company for $1. Construction was completed and St. Paul’s Church dedicated in 1898. As of 1972, it was listed as a Mission Church of the Diocese of Ogdensburg; the church is no longer standing today.