Mild temperatures won't last long in St. Lawrence County; snow expected, temperatures predicted to drop below zero
Today is the day to enjoy mild temperatures – they won’t last for long in St. Lawrence County.
And up to three inches of snow is forecast overnight in the North Country.The National Weather Service is calling for gusts up to 28 miles per hour through midnight as a warm front lifts north of the border.
Highs today are expected to reach 42, the weather service says.
But starting tonight, temperatures are expected to drop, with a wind chills as low as -3 Sunday during the day and wind chills as low as -22 Sunday night.
For current forecasts in your community, visit the NorthCountryNow.com Weather page at NorthCountryNow.com/Weather
The National Weather Service forecast follows:
• This Afternoon A 20 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Southwest wind 11 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
• Tonight Snow showers likely, mainly after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Breezy, with a south wind 11 to 16 mph increasing to 19 to 24 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
• Sunday Snow showers likely, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 14 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -3. Windy, with a west wind 18 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
• Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12. Wind chill values as low as -22. West wind 6 to 15 mph.
• M.L.King Day Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 5. North wind around 8 mph.
• Monday Night Cloudy, with a low around -15. Northeast wind 3 to 5 mph.
• Tuesday Cloudy and cold, with a high near 1. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
• Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -16. Light southwest wind.
• Wednesday Cloudy and cold, with a high near -1. West wind 3 to 7 mph.
• Wednesday Night