Board president John Boyce, left, is sworn in after being unanimously re-appointed to the post.
By ANDY GARDNER
The Massena Central School District Board of Education unanimously voted to re-appoint John Boyce as board president and Ron Faucher as vice president.
Prior to deciding those actions, Lorie MacKenzie was sworn in to officially begin serving her new five-year term, which will expire on June 30, 2018. She was elected to the spot in May.
The board also voted unanimously to make the following appointments:
• District clerk: Candice Prairie
• District Treasurer: Angela Wood
• Deputy Treasurer and purchasing agent: Nick Brouillette
• Tax collector: Christine Jenkins
• Internal claims auditor: Suanne Gotsch
• School attorneys: Law firm of Pease and Gustafson; law firm of Ferrara, Firoenza, Larrison, Barrett, and Reitz; law firm of Frank W. Miller
• Bond counsel: Orrick, Herrington, and Sutcliffe, LLP
• Records access officer: Claudeen Watkins
• Asbestos designee and school pesticide representative: Willaim Seguin
• HIPPA officer: Deborah Prashaw
• External auditor: Seyfarth and Seyfarth