By ANDY GARDNER
MASSENA -- The Board of Education voted unanimously to hire Burt Peck as the new J. William Leary Junior High Principal effective January 21.
He will be paid a $73,000 pro-rated annual salary.
He now works as a business and English teacher at Massena Central High School and was elected Moira Town Supervisor in November.
As part of their personnel actions on Thursday night, the board also named Steven Barlow as interim junior high principal at a rate of $350 per day. He has been doing he job since Nov. 21.
The board also appointed:
• Angela Wood as district treasurer, effective Jan. 1 through Feb. 28 at a $60,000 pro-rated salary.
• Beth Reyes as a high school special education teacher. She has been doing the job since Nov. 12 at a salary of $57,118, pro-rated.
• Angela Smith as a Jefferson elementary Title VII teaching assistant, effective Dec. 9 at a pro-rated $30,457 salary.
• Kristen LaCombe as a Madison elementary teaching assistant, effective Dec. 6 at a pro-rated $30,457 salary.
• Lori Richards as district internal claims auditor effective Dec. 6 at $20 per hour for 15 to 20 hours per month.
• Frank Zembrek as a district custodian effective Dec. 6 at a $30,001 pro-rated salary.
The board accepted resignations from bus driver and food service helper Laurie Hebert and teacher aide Lisa Witkop, both citing personal reasons.