Malfunctioning wood stove blamed for fire that severely damages Louisville garage
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 3:38 pm

LOUISVILLE – A malfunctioning wood stove has been blamed for a fire that severely damaged a garage Saturday, according to St. Lawrence County fire investigators.

Louisville firefighters responded at 8:27 p.m. to the property owned by Jayme Monacelli at 159 County Route 43, investigators said.

The Massena, Norfolk and Waddington fire departments provided mutual aid. The Massena Rescue Squad also responded to the scene.

Louisville firefighters returned to the station at 8:24 p.m., investigators said.

The building was insured, investigators said. No injuries were reported.