Madrid-Waddington Central School to recognize 12 senior honor students
MADRID -- Madrid-Waddington Central School will recognize 12 class of 2014 honor graduates.Having done away with valedictorian and salutatorian, this means they attained a minimum average of 90. Cum laude means 90 or more, magna cum laude is 93 or more and summa cum laude is 95 or more.
Commencement exercises are June 27 at 7 p.m. in the John Dinneen Auditorium.
• Emily T. Murphy, daughter of Lori and Mark Murphy, Canton, will attend Siena College to study business and foreign language. She received the Presidential Scholarship for Siena College and graduates magna cum laude from MWCS.
• Jessica L. LaMay, daughter of Denise and Randy LaMay, Ogdensburg, will attend St. Lawrence University biology. She received the Augsbury North Country Scholarship and Presidential Achievement Award from St. Lawrence University. She graduates magna cum laude from MWCS.
• Alyssa M. Ryan, daughter of Trudy and Robert Ryan, Waddington, will attend Commonwealth Honors College, UMass Amherst. She received the Chancellor’s Scholarship at UMass Amherst. She graduates summa cum laude from MWCS.
• Victoria S. Long, daughter of Beth and Chad Mowry, Madrid, will attend Clarkson University for the biology and pre-physical therapy program. She graduates magna cum laude from MWCS.
• Jennifer K. Wilson, daughter of Lorraine Wilson, Waddington, and the late Michael Wilson, will attend The Clarkson School to study pre-med. She received the Clarkson School Scholars Award and graduates magna cum laude from MWCS.
• Allison A. Fobare, daughter of Michelle and John Fobare, Waddington, will attend Clarkson University and plans to study physical therapy. She received the Achievement Award II from Clarkson University and graduates cum laude from MWCS.
• Jonas S. Pandit, Waddington, son of Jackie and Sailesh Pandit, will attend Vassar College to study math. He is a cum laude graduate of MWCS.
• Alex V. Hammond, son of Holly and Brian Hammond, Waddington, will attend Valley Forge Military College majoring in government and history. He has received an Army ROTC Scholarship and is a cum laude graduate of MWCS.
• Britanni E. Dawley, daughter of Andrea Wood and Shawn Dawley, granddaughter of Darlene and Doug Dawley, Lisbon, will attend Clarkson University for engineering and management. She has received the Clarkson Merit Scholarship. She graduates cum laude from MWCS.
• Eve M. Ruddy, daughter of Sandra and Joseph Ruddy, Norfolk, will attend SUNY Oneonta. She graduates cum laude from MWCS.
• Tyler M. LeFleur, son of Cathy and James LeFleur, Waddington, will attend SUNY Plattsburgh in the cytotechnology program. He graduates cum laude from MWCS.
• Connor D. Maskell, son of Lisa and John Maskell, Waddington, will be attending Rochester Institute of Technology. He graduates cum laude from MWCS.